Our School Council
Our School Council is comprised of parent representatives, community representatives and staff representatives. Our School Council meets for twice a term on weeks 4 and 8 at 2:45- 4:15pm on Tuesdays. Our School Council is fully involved in planning and policy development and has a range of roles and responsibilities.
The responsibilities of the School Council are broadly outlined below.
The School Council participates in:
- endorsing and reviewing annually the school budget and Business Plan;
- processes to review school performance;
- processes to determine satisfaction levels of parents, staff and students, with results reported in the school’s annual report;
- endorsing the school’s annual report
- the process for selecting the principal;
- the Department of Education Services (DES) independent review of the school in the final year of the Delivery and Performance Agreement (with the report made public);
- communicating with the broader school community regarding the Council’s function and activities;
The School Council takes part in:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- planning financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the school’s performance in achieving those objectives, priorities and directions;
- formulating codes of conduct for students at the school; and
- the selection of, but not the appointment of, the school principal or any other member of the teaching staff if prior approval is given by the Regional Executive Director.
The School Council approves:
- a charge or contribution determined by the principal for the provision of materials, services and facilities;
- the costs determined by the principal to be paid for participation in an extra cost optional component of the school’s educational program;
- the items determined by the principal to be supplied by a student for the student’s personal use in the school’s educational program; and
- an agreement or arrangement for advertising or sponsorship in relation to a government school.
The School Council members
- School staff members
- Community representatives
If you have any queries for the School Council these can be made through the School Council Chair or Principal.
Our School Council is comprised of parent representatives, community representatives and staff representatives.
Download the SouthThornlie Primary School Council Terms of Reference.
Staff have a shared vision that includes discussing ideas and reflection in a positive manner with priorities placed on the needs of the students and school.
Read the South Thornlie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.
The Uniform Shop is run by the P&C Committee and is located at the back of the school, inside the Arts Building.